Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lagunitas Lucky 13.alt Review

Hasn't been a beer review on here for awhile, so I thought I would post one that I put on beeradvocate earlier.

Lagunitas Lucky 13.alt

This is supposedly a blonde version of the normal Lucky 13 version (Large Mondo Red).

Poured from a 22 oz bottle into an English pint. Actually thought I was trying the other version at first (Large Mondo Red) and then realized that this is the .alt version.

Pours a sort of clear golden color with a slight amber hue. Not much of a head on there, carbonation seems prominent.

Aroma has sort of a sweet malt scent with a very distinctive kind of hops that I can't remember which one it is (Amarillo?). Some elements of citrus/grapefruit.

Hmm, taste is more complex than I was expecting. The hops hit you right away, citrus/grapefruit, with a little spiciness. This is followed by a sweet malty taste, which then has a little bit of a dry and bitter finish.

Mouthfeel is great, perfect carbonation, medium bodied. That sweet malty taste with a hint of the hops sticks to your mouth minutes after a sip.

Overall it is a pretty solid beer. This reminds me of all Lagunitas' beers. Above average, but nothing that blows you out of the water. Solid beer, would definitely drink again.

No comments:

Post a Comment