Monday, December 6, 2010

Three Floyds Alpha King


Commercial Description:
Alpha King is an american pale ale (APA) with a bold citrus hop character. We brew all our beers for our own demanding tastes. If you're unwilling to compromise on your beer, we urge you to try it.

This brew pour a beautiful orange/amber color with a great head. It definitely smells of hops and citrus. My first sip is great. Hops are much more subtle than I expected, as the smell is much stronger than the taste. Tastes like an APA should and perhaps one of the most refreshing pale ales I've ever tried. Initial citrus and hop flavor dominate as I drink with a ever so slight sweetness, and a mild bitterness kicks in as it goes down. A perfect balance of bittering, flavor, and aroma hops are used in this brew. As I continue to enjoy Alpha King, the head diminishes as it should and the lacing is evident all the way down to my last sip. Tastes like it should be around 4 to 5% ABV, but is 6.5%. If you can get your hands on this beer, invest in it and you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment